Tuesday, March 23, 2021

The evolution of toner

    Remember the toners that we used to use to help reduce acne? Remember how it stung? We were told toners reduced the oil on the face and helped prevent acne, the sting was supposed to be the feeling of the acne shriveling and disappearing! We might as well be wiping alcohol directly on the face! Since then, I have skipped the toner in my skincare routine and honestly have not given it much thought and continued to feel that it is only for the acne prone youngsters. 

    It was not until recently when I received a sample of the Mamonde Rose Water Toner that I realized that the toner has evolved! It is no longer just an astringent and alcohol to remove the oil and shrink the pores! The evolved toners also moisturize and desquamate besides cleanse and balance the pH of the skin.  The Mamonde Rose Water Toner did not sting at all, it felt so good on the face! It was smooth and fragrant and left the skin feeling supple, clean and refreshed. 



    Rose water is a natural toner. Damask rose is the most commonly used rose for this purpose. It has been used for centuries but has become popular recently. Rose water has antibacterial and antioxidant properties and contains lots of nutrients including vitamin A an C. It can clear the skin from acne and blemishes and even has some anti-aging effect. Needless to say, the fragrance of the rose alone is therapeutic and relaxing as well. I have used quite a number of different rose water, some with other chemicals and some are purely 100% rose water. Although refreshing, I feel that they do not leave my face as hydrated as the Mamonde Rose Water Toner, which is 90.97% Damask rose water.  

    So, now this Rose Water Toner has become my second step after a thoroughly cleansed face and SKII-essence. 

   

1 comment:

  1. I am using Clinic toner for more than thirty five
    more years .May be I should try Dr Wu suggestion to use Rose water toner and improve my skin complexion
    Toner is a very essential step before we do any make up or after showing in the evening
    Thank you Dr Wu
    BT

    ReplyDelete