Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair - A night time routine

     Now that you have read the first thing I put on my face - SKII Facial Treatment Essence, and the last thing I apply - Olay Regenerist Cream, I will tell you all the other in-between steps one by one. Yes, there are multiple! So if you are curious, please remember to subscribe to my blog!

    We all know that a balanced diet, with lots of antioxidants, is important to our health. Our skin also needs a balanced armor to defend against the ever changing environment of our modern society. As my concierge doctor—my husband—would say, the sun is the skin’s greatest enemy and the thinning ozone layer is increasing our exposure to all the UV radiation. Thus, I cannot emphasize the use of sunscreens and antioxidants enough. Sunscreens shield our skin from UV damage and antioxidants correct as well as repair damage done. One of the topical antioxidants that I believe in is this Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Serum. 

Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Serum

    I love serums. They are my “must-haves” for my skin care routine after turning 50 and one of the most important steps. I have tried many brands, and use several of them in my regimen. I believe in using different serums for their various ingredients and additive benefits.

    I first tried this Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair as a sample and instantly fell in love. Despite my sensitive skin that usually gets red and irritated with other Estée Lauder products, this serum soothes my dry skin. It feels smooth and light, yet rich and luxurious. My skin feels moisturized and plump after using it. The serum is applied after the toner and before moisturizers. The amount from the applicator is sufficient to cover the entire face and neck. After a few weeks, the skin is noticeably hydrated. Now that Costco.com sometimes carries this product, it is definitely a “must-buy” whenever I see it on sale. 

    The Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair was a break-through product when it was first introduced in 1982. It was one of the first products to use hyaluronic acids and lots of antioxidants. Hyaluronic acid is a key ingredient in our extracellular matrix; I think of it as a lubricant in our body, from skin to joints. It has been used medically for injections into joints and fillers for eye cosmetic surgery. It is also an ingredient used to treat eczema and other conditions with very dry, scaly skin. Besides instantly hydrating the skin, hyaluronic acid repairs and neutralizes damage done by the UV radiation. 

    Other main key ingredients include bifida ferment lysate and tripeptide-32. Bifida ferment lysate is a product from the fermentation of Bifidobacterium, and is reported to have anti-inflammatory properties. Tripeptide are peptide made from 3 amino acids. Glycerin is a type of tripeptide and we are all familiar with its smooth, oily, slippery property. Both bifida ferment lysate and tripeptide-32 are often used in anti-aging products. 

    In addition, there is the Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Intense Reset Concentrate, which is an instant corrector used on top of the Serum once or twice a month. It is best used when the skin is adjusting to change in the weather or after traveling. After using it consecutively for 2-3 nights, the skin instantly gets rehydrated and evens out. 

Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Intense Reset Concentrate

    There is also the eye serum for the areas around the eyes. I just started to use the Estée Lauder eye serum. My goal is to reduce eyebags, so I prefer products that can firm the skin around the eye and reduce the puffiness. I will let you know in my future blog whether it works or not. So remember to put in your email and subscribe!

Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Serum
    
  






1 comment:

  1. I am using Ester Lauder night repair for more than forty years and now we have advance night repair that is wonderful
    I strongly agree Dr Wu recommendations
    Thank you Dr Eu

    ReplyDelete