Sunday, December 27, 2020

Tanaka Massage - Will it really transform my face and get rid of my eye bags?

    Aging is definitely not fun. I started to notice eye bags after I turned 50, and have tried multiple skin care products and gadgets to reduce them. Preferring not to undergo any painful procedures, I will try anything non-invasive to improve the appearance of my eye bags.  

    During my recent trip to Hong Kong, I got a facial massage at Armani Beauty on the recommendation of a good friend. The hour long massage was so soothing and relaxing, I actually fell asleep! My whole face was literally lifted during the massage and my skin felt very soft and moist afterwards. Looking in the mirror, I felt as though my skin was actually glowing! I researched the technique used and found that it was very similar to the Tanaka Face Contouring Massage method. Upon my return to the U.S., I started using the anti-aging massage on myself daily. 

    The Tanaka massage technique was invented by Yukuko Tanaka, a Japanese makeup artist who published several books and tutorials on the subject. The theory is based on lymphatic drainage of the face and neck. The technique pushes excess fluids and toxins towards the lymph nodes in front of the ears and down the neck towards the lymph nodes above the clavicle. 

Tanaka Facial Massage from YouTube


    The benefits of the massage are plentiful. Regular massaging definitely promotes blood flow to the skin. Improved blood circulation to the dermis is important to maintain healthy tissues, including collagen and elastin, which keep the skin full and elastic. Improved blood flow also makes the skin glow. Facial massages relax and tone the facial muscles, which therefore reduce fine lines. Most of all, massages are relaxing! 

    The Tanaka massage can be done with or without massage cream or oil, but I strongly recommend using some to avoid stretching the skin. Massaging around the eyes should also be done very carefully, as the skin there is very delicate and thin. My skin is very dry so I use coconut oil as my massage oil, and follow the Tanaka massage on YouTube. It has only been 4 weeks, and the eye bags seem to have already improved slightly. Another benefit seems to be the reduction of the nasolabial folds (which are the lines around one’s nose), which also appear to be less deep. I shall continue with the massages, which only take about 5 minutes. Follow my blog by entering your email on the right to see how my eye bags improve.  

My eye bag after one month of massaging

1 comment:

  1. I strongly recommend Dr Wu article snd I am using this product for more than fifteen years and my complexion improve a lot thanks Dr Wu

    ReplyDelete